Friday, July 18, 2008

Too Many Books, Too little time!

Got a library card from our little Waldport library, nicknamed "beach books". Taking the recommendation of friends and the library website, I placed several books on reserve. Every book that I have read thus far has been a 'must read'. I have a reading binge like this about every five years or so. No discipline! Just reading every available minute to the distraction of everything else. Well, almost. Rusty is a good sport about it because he loves to read so much himself. The recommended titles so far are: The Namesake, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Where are you now?, and the most recent The Kite Runner. Rusty asked me what will I do if I get a "bad" book because each one has been so good so far. Well, I think I'm probably about through this once every five year binge. Need one more good book to read on the plane to Honduras next weekend and then I've got things to do!

No comments: