Well, you could think from this title that I've been doing a lot of pleasure riding but actually it involves more transportation. I really enjoy going to the gym and haven't wanted to give that up just because gas is a few cents more per gallon so I've even taken to riding my bike up to Newport. That's a good round trip ride of thirty miles and gives me a good workout. It does take an hour and 15 minutes and that depends on the weather, headwinds, and all. I usually walk across the Newport bridge because of high winds and narrow lanes but that's all part of the journey.
On Tuesdays I ride my bike eight miles the other direction down to Yachats to an hour and a half yoga class. It is led by senior citizen volunteers and they are very good! The class is mostly yoga stretching which is so good for me. All of the participants are senior citizens like myself who are very fit and active and are a lot better at yoga than I am but everyone is patient and nonjudgmental. I ride home from that class feeling amazing!
Happy Holidays, "Deer" Friends!
-
*(Left - Alexander and his pre-school group doing the 'Reindeer Pokey'.
Link to the video further down below...) *
Wow...it's been over...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment